2014. . No. 3(65) - Sep 2014, pp. 56-58
Phased Array Flaw Detectors. Ascertaining the Capabilities of Ultrasonic Beam Focusing
Design features of phased array transducers affect reflectors images; as an example S-scanning images obtained with the 32- and 16-component phased array transducers are given. The ultrasound beam was focused vertically (with fixed bias). For best results it is necessary to use high-frequency (more than 7.5 MHz) phased array transducers with elements number not less than 16.
Keywords: phased array transducer, resolution, sizing
- Jacques F., Moreau F., Ginzel E. Ultrasonic Backscatter Sizing Using Phased Array — Developments in Tip Diffraction Flaw Sizing. Insight, 2003, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 724–728.
- Ciorau P. A Contribution to Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection of Welds. Part 3: Sizing Capability. Available at: http://www.ndt.net/article/v12n12/ciorau.pdf
- Bredif P., Poidevin C., Dupond O. A Phased Array Technique for Crack Characterization. Available at: http://www.ndt.net/article/ecndt2006/doc/Th.1.1.2.pdf
- Introduction to phased array ultrasonic technology applications: R/D Tech Guideline. Quebec (Canada), R/D Tech Inc., 2004, 348 pp.
- Krautkramer J., Krautkramer H. Ultrasonic testing of materials. Berlin-Hamburg-New-York, 1977, 667 p.
- Transducer Catalogue. Available at: www.sonatest.com